CPD Course – Managing contaminated land through a construction project
This half day seminar is offered by Maylarch and accredited by the CPD Certification Service. It will give attendees the knowledge and understanding of how to deal with contamination found on construction sites - safely and in line with all the relevant legislation and procedures.
As an award winning, multi-disciplinary, environmental services contractor, Maylarch has been delivering compliance and peace of mind for over 30 years.
Maylarch has extensive experience in dealing with contamination found in construction projects. As well as understanding the safety, legal and regulatory procedures regarding asbestos and other contaminants, Maylarch are also able to share their knowledge of the commercial considerations with seminar attendees.
The seminar will cover:
- Overview of how contaminated land is dealt with under planning in the UK
- Current best practice regarding managing land and soils remediation
- Is the land contaminated?
- How will any remediation be dealt with?
- How will remediation be implemented on site?
- What happens if something unexpected is found?
- Documentation to prove remediation has been carried out as agreed
- How planning regulations regarding remediation overlap with other legislation affecting construction – CAR 2012, CDM 2015 and waste
- Opportunity for questions and answers to address attendees’ real issues
Attendees will understand:
- How to manage contaminated land through the remediation process
- Best practices to protect themselves and their company from legal liability
- The rules and procedures that must be met for compliance
This knowledge will enable them to minimise legal and safety risks of contamination found on construction sites and make good commercial decisions about remediation.
Who should attend?
The seminar can be tailored to your exact requirements, but Maylarch can run the seminar for housebuilders, contractors, developers and building and property consultants on request.
Typical attendees would be project managers, planners, environmental consultants, cost consultants, engineers and other professionals who are involved in managing contamination found on site.
Location and cost:
If you have a group of people who would benefit from this CPD course, you arrange a suitable venue and a Maylarch expert will attend and present the content for the half day seminar.
Maylarch also offer a limited number of free lunchtime sessions which also carry CPD accreditation.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of the course.
The course is accredited by the CPD and attendees will all receive a certificate of completion.
For any further information, please call us on 01865 883829.
If you are interested in our CPD course on managing contaminated land through a construction project or would like advice on managing contamination found on site:
call us on 01865 883829.